Sunday, February 14, 2010

Snow is Coming Out of My Nostrils!

I'm still here. I promise. I haven't dropped out of blogging world. I've just been distracted...a bit. Mostly from the snow and LOTS of it and a bit of sickness as well. Growing up in the mountains of Western North Carolina, I saw my fair share of snow. We usually received around 2 good snowfalls a winter (5 or more inches) and a few other smaller ones (1-3 inches). That was commonplace in those days and schools adjusted accordingly. However, I've been back in Western North Carolina for almost 6 years, and I've seen nothing close to what we've received this winter! We had the memorable December 18 snowfall in which we were in the part of the county that received the least amount of snow - *only* 10 INCHES!


Part of the December 18 snow.

January brought snow flurries - off and on - a little sleet, a little ice, but nothing to speak of until January 29!! This time, our part of the county received the greatest amount of snowfall - around 15 inches!!! Unbelievable. The December 18 snow wasn't even completely gone in some places when the new stuff arrived. It's snowed small amounts off and on since then - school schedules have been crazy (delays, early releases, and lots of missed days).

To top it off...I got sick on Superbowl Sunday and am still working to get over it (but, it's thankfully almost gone).

Then...just when I thought I'd have a free weekend WITHOUT snow, we received another 3 inches Friday night, and I was out driving in it when it got a little out of control. So, here I was on the interstate with all the other crazy drivers out there, and my knuckles were solid white from gripping the steering wheel so hard. I prayed and sang songs of praise the whole ride home just to keep my sanity. I finally made it into our neighborhood but got stuck along the way home. At this point, I called my husband...he walked up to get me and we agreed to just park the car and head home on foot.

Looking back now, it is a little funny and will be a winter I won't forget. However, the funny part is about to wear off, as we're forecast for more snow tonight. Argh!!!!

Enough complaining...I really am a very blessed woman...snow or no snow. So, I just need to get over it. Yes, I realize that. Sadly, I remember praying last year for just ONE decent snowfall - the kind that you can get out and play in - take pictures of - but goes away relatively quickly. We had a few dustings but nothing to speak of. Then, I remembered that prayer, and it reminded me of the Israelites as they were wondering around in the desert complaining and complaining over their lack of meat. So, what does God do?

Numbers 11:18b-20(NIV) The LORD heard you when you wailed, "If only we had meat to eat! We were better off in Egypt!" Now the LORD will give you meat, and you will eat it. You will not eat it for just one day, or two days, or five, ten or twenty days, but for a whole month—until it comes out of your nostrils and you loathe it—because you have rejected the LORD, who is among you, and have wailed before him, saying, "Why did we ever leave Egypt?"

No - I'm not trying to say this snow is punishment for my complaining and begging for it during prior years. I just had to laugh when I re-read that passage last week. In some ways, I feel like I have snow coming out my nostrils! Ha!

Snow or no snow - I hope to get back "in the groove" of blogging a little more this week.

For those of you that are joining me on the Scripture Memory Verse challenge - tomorrow is the 15th, so I'll be back then to post this month's second verse that I'm working on and can't wait to hear what you'll be memorizing! If you haven't been able to join us yet - we'd love to have you now! No need to go back and catch up unless you just want - you can simply join us mid-month tomorrow. Check out my first post by clicking HERE to get more information. Nothing better than getting God's Word deep in our hearts and minds. I still know all 24 of my verses from last year and of course the new ones from this year. Kinda cool actually!

Until tomorrow...stay warm and BE BLESSED friends!

1 comment:

  1. I love being snowed in with you!
    Love Your little snowman!!

    ReplyDelete