Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Scripture memorization...

As promised, I wanted to share with you a little more a bit the new scripture memorization journey I've begun along with thousands of other women. Another blog that I consistently follow is that of Living Proof Ministries, which was founded by Beth Moore. Rather than explaining this particular plan to you in my own words, feel free to check it out for yourself at the following link:

http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com/

You'll just need to scroll to the bottom and click on "older posts" at which time one of the very next posts you should see is entitled "Anybody Game?". Read through this entire post, and you'll see what I'm talking about. It's a wonderful idea and a great way to stay accountable. And...even though January 1 has passed, it's not too late to begin.

I love reading & studying God's Word and find that literally memorizing scripture is one of the best way's to absorb His beautiful, life-giving Word. My favorite thing to do is memorize the Psalms, but I'm stepping outside of that comfort zone a bit this time and focusing on scriptures outside of the Psalms. Now, I realize some of you might be at a different place in your journey through God's Word. Believe me, I've been at the place where it felt like such a chore to read even a few verses, let alone a whole chapter or book. However, I made the commitment to God that if He would help me get to the place where I longed for His Word and would actually long to get into it, then I would (with His help) commit to reading it daily. It was very hard at first, but now - I run to it. And...if a day goes by that I don't meditate on His Word (which is rare), I feel it for the rest of the day - just a heaviness that won't go away.

So, I challenge you to open up THE Book and spend more time in it this year than you did last year. Through your obedience, watch how God works!

No comments:

Post a Comment