Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Beach Rest, Relaxation, and Refreshment

We just returned from our family vacation in North Myrtle Beach, SC. Vacationing at the beach is truly heaven on earth for me. I love the feel, smells, sounds, sights, and tastes of everything beachy.

From the night walks in the ocean waters that lap along the shoreline...


To the fun times playing in the water during the hottest times of the day...


From excitement over catching one little fish...



To silly family fun...


From sweet slumber...


To breathtaking sunrises...



I came back feeling rested, relaxed, and refreshed physically, spiritually, mentally, and emotionally. This week gave me so many amazing opportunities...
-the opportunity for the true "Sabbath rest" that God commands us to take,
-the opportunity to reflect and repent of my sin of busy-ness and filling up my days with unnecessary time stealers,
-the opportunity to give my family quality time rather than the leftovers
-the opportunity to simply have a little "me time" doing simple things
-the opportunity to listen to God's still small voice giving me guidance and direction over possible future decisions

And...the opportunity to continue to be amazed at God's absolute Greatness!

No comments:

Post a Comment