Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday

Without fail, I remember more Good Fridays with rain than those with sunshine. As I watched the rain pour down and listened to the thunder shout this morning, I realized that although the sun may not be shining...the Son IS shining!!! The eternal light brought forth through the death of Jesus on the cross so many years ago, will NEVER be extinguished. There are those that choose to deny Him now and the sacrifice made by Him for us on the cross, but one day "every knee will bow, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord". I long for that day when the naysayers will be hushed, when the ridiculers will ridicule no longer, when the doubters will know the truth, and when He will finally get the praise He's so worthy of. As for me now, I am amazed that He loved me enough to die such a horrific death for sinful me. And...to think...He did it for many, but He would have done it for only one! WOW - what a Savior!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment