Saturday, May 1, 2010

Scripture memory verse 9!

It's May 1 - already! It's hard to believe that 1/3 of 2010 is already over. This year is flying by! So...with today being May 1, it's time for another scripture memory verse posting. How does it feel - those of you that are doing this with me - to have 8 verses memorized already? Did you think you'd be able to do it? I knew you could!

For those of you that have "fallen off the wagon" so to speak - GET BACK ON! There's no time to re-commit like the present. God wants you in His word and His words in your heart! So, just start where you are...no need to make up for lost verses. Let's get back at it friends! If you're new to my blog and have no idea what I'm talking about, then simply go back and ready my January 1 post for clarification. It's never too late to join us!

The verse that I'm going to start memorizing today is a very popular verse, and I've heard it and read it many times before, but I've never committed it to memory before. I don't know about you, but my faith has been tested A LOT lately. I find myself continually saying out loud...(1) God - you are who you say you are. (2) You can do what you say you can do. (3) I am who you say I am. (4) I can do all things through Christ. (5) God's Word is alive and active in me. (Thanks Beth Moore!) If I don't constantly remind me of these truths, then doubt tries to creep in. I have no room for doubt in my life - it's full enough as it is. Anyway...right now, I'm praying for some God-sized things. And...I mean some GOD-SIZED things. There is nothing too big for God. And...I am reminded of that with this new verse I'm choosing to memorize:

Ephesians 3:20 (NIV) "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us..."

See the word immeasurably? It CAN'T be measured! That's huge friends! I stand on this truth.

How about you? What are you working on memorizing? Let's hear it...your name, city & state, verse, and translation!

Be blessed today!

1 comment:

  1. Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
    ~Romans 12:21(NIV)~

    ReplyDelete