Friday, May 8, 2009

Confessions from a Perfectionist...

Whew...

It's been a long time since I've posted anything. I'm ashamed that I haven't kept up with my blog the way that I originally intended. You know what my biggest problem is? I'm a perfectionist. Please hear me say that in the most humble way imaginable. This is probably my biggest flaw. While many people feel that this could be a wonderful trait to possess, I totally disagree. For me, perfectionism allows me to remain stuck...keeps me from trying new adventures...causes me to procrastinate often...creates sheer frustration for me. I'm constantly trying to do something better. I'm never happy with the "finished result", therefore so many things never even reach the level of "finished". So it is with my blog. I have so many things I want to write about, but it seems those ideas remain in my head. Even those simple things that take place each day in my life can't seem to make it to my blog. I'm afraid to say that I'll do better from this point on, because I only seem to set myself up for failure when I make those kinds of promises. However, please know that I recognize the problem and am looking to the One who made me to help me overcome this obstacle. Will you please pray for me that this flaw of perfectionism turns into the gift that it was meant to be? Thank you friends...you are loved! Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment