Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Book Recommendation...

I'm so sorry that I haven't been blogging a whole lot lately. God has been doing some amazing things in me personally, and I honestly haven't been able to focus on much outside of that - blog included. I hope to share more later...

Anyway...I just had to take a quick moment to plug a little book that I absolutely adore. I'm reading through it now for the 3rd or 4th time. For you guys, this may not have as much impact, so please forgive me for focusing on women for just a moment. His Princess by Sheri Rose Shepherd is perhaps one of the best devotionals for women that I have ever read! If you've never read it - please, please spend the few bucks and buy it and read it. Then, give away copies to your women friends. It's not one of those books that you can just sit down and read cover to cover. It's designed in such a way that you need to drink it in slowly and let the words permeate your spirit. Here's an excerpt of one of God's love letters written in the book:

"My Princess...Give Me Your Plans

I know you have an idea in your head on how everything should unfold in your life. Even today you have an agenda. Because I love you, I need you to give Me back all your plans for today and for all your tomorrows. If you let Me have your day, I can then intervene with something special. My intervention will give you more joy in your jouney than your good intentions. I know all that your heart longs for, and I want to do more for you than you could ever do for yourself. So give Me a chance to change your agenda from ordinary to extraordinary, because that 's the kind of life I've destined you to live, My beloved.

Love,
Your King and your Planner"


Again, please read this book ladies! Men...get this book for the women in your lives also! You will not be sorry!

Until next time...be blessed sweet friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment