Thursday, January 28, 2010

I Don't Like Waiting!

I'm so impatient! Yes...I admit it. I guess I'm hoping that through admittance, healing will come! Well, after 38 years, I'm still just as impatient as the day I was born. I quit praying for patience a long time ago, because I quickly learned that God's way of answering that prayer was not simply filling me up with a new dose of patience...it was continually putting me in situations that demanded I learn some! Ouch!

Have you ever known beyond a shadow of a doubt that God has revealed a future plan to you? You know that he's preparing you for something or planning to do something in your life or finally planning to answer a prayer request? Yep...me too! It was a little over a year ago that I felt that clear tug on my spirit saying that an answer to prayer is clearly coming. But...He didn't tell me that over a year later I'd still be waiting on it.

As I was sharing with my prayer group of gals last night, I continued to say that I know...that I know...that I know what God has revealed to me is true. But...He's waiting, and I don't know why. And...He's asking me to be patient! Ugh!

But, in His sweet and gentle way, my precious Lord reminded me that a year of waiting is nothing...Noah waited almost 100 years for the flood to come, but that didn't stop him from building the ark; Abraham waited 25 years from the time God told him he would be the father of many nations until Isaac was born when Abraham was 100 years old; the Israelites spent 40 long years wandering in the desert on their way to the promised land; and Christians have been waiting over 2000 years so far for the return of Jesus. So, what's a year? I guess not much in the grand scheme of things, but to me...it feels like an eternity. So, what am I to do now?

I keep believing, by faith, that God will do what He said He will do, and it will be in His perfect timing - not mine. I also keep praying that He would show what he wants me to do as I wait. Then...it's up to me to be obedient even while I'm waiting. Who knows? Maybe I'll learn a little patience along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment