Thursday, March 10, 2011

She's Speaking Still...

She Speaks Conference
As I recently re-read a post I wrote following my She Speaks experience last year, I discovered anew just how far, how deep, and how wide God's love is for me. I discovered how when He nails us in the very core of our brokenness, He's also standing by ready to scoop us up, dust us off, and begin a new work in us! I discovered that the She Speaks conference was THE event that ushered in a series of God-honoring changes in my life! And...I also discovered...I want to go back! I need to go back! And...by faith, I plan to go back!

You may be asking...what exactly is She Speaks? It's an annual women's conference for speakers, writers, and women's ministry leaders (or those aspiring to serve in those capacities). It's a place to gather with other women feeling called to do the same thing - a place to receive peer evaluations, to hone our speaking and writing skills - a place to learn more about what it means to serve God in this way. For me, it's actually a sanctuary, of sorts. A shelter...a haven...a refuge away from the rest of the world to offer time to hear more clearly from God. And...as we like to say in the south, it's the best thing since sliced bread!

If you've been following my blog in the past few months, you've probably seen my many references to the amazing new book I read in January, Made to Crave. This book has seriously revolutionized my approach to eating and my cravings, in general. It has also been instrumental in helping me reach a 30 pound weight loss so far, and it has prompted me to start training and actually register for my first 5K (coming up this May). The author of Made to Crave happens to be none other than Lysa TerKeurst. Lysa serves as President of Proverbs 31 Ministries, which happens to be the VERY organization that produces the She Speaks Conference that I'm planning to attend again this summer. Today, I registered for the event...by faith. Now, I'm trusting God to direct my steps in how to get there, financially speaking. Earlier this week, Lysa shared a scholarship contest opportunity on her blog, of which this post is considered my entry. Why do I want to win this scholarship?

1. To enable me to return to She Speaks to continue the work God began in me last summer.
2. To hone my skills in an effort to make me a more effective speaker and writer for the audience God gives me.
3. To meet like-minded spiritual sisters that are journeying a similar road.
4. And...all of this...absolutely everything that happens before the event, during the event, and after this event is for absolutely no other reason than this...to give God glory for what He's done in my life. And...oh precious friends...He's done far more than I'll ever deserve.

God has written His redemptive story on my heart. He's asked me to share this story with others. Prayerfully, attending a second She Speaks conference will help me to further that calling, because He's not finished with me yet.

2 comments:

  1. Yes He has written His redemptive story on your heart, and He certainly is not finished with you!

    Be blessed on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, there! I found you through Lysa's blog linky. I pray that you will have the opportunity to return to She Speaks! I read your post from last year, and I have also signed up for the Speaker Track. Girl, I cannot believe what that person said to you. I mean...I'm speechless. My heart was aching for you, and it's March and that happened in August! And I don't even KNOW you! Duh! But I am so grateful that God redeemed that situation for you! What a beautiful testimony that He tore down every negative word of the enemy with the words spoken over you the next day. Wow. I hope I will get to meet you in July!!! Blessings to you on your journey!

    ReplyDelete