Wednesday, July 20, 2011

You Are Loved

(The pic has absolutely nothing to do with this blog post. I just thought I'd send you a little smile. They've been far and few between lately, so I thought I'd share the biggest one I've had in awhile.)

If I've heard it once, I've heard it a hundred times since Chris died (11 weeks ago today, actually)..."I'm sorry I'm complaining. I know my problems can't even compare to what you've gone through." It breaks my heart every time I hear it.

While the death of a spouse does take the top spot on most stress scales, and the suicide of a spouse probably compounds that even more...the problems that others are experiencing are still just as real. I admit that Chris' death has certainly put all of my past challenges and present challenges into perspective, and they certainly don't compare even remotely. That's MY experience and MY experience alone. Prior to his death, I had other problems that ranked at the top of the list.

So, for you, my friends...don't discount your problems just because you haven't experienced what I've experienced. And...I praise God that most of you reading this haven't. But, I still care. I still pray for you. And, I still hurt when you hurt. Your problems are still real. And, you know what? The same God that is with me...comforting me...healing me...wants to do the same for you!

Thank you for loving me with your words of comfort, your precious prayers, and your sweet treasures! I don't deserve any of it...but God has chosen to bless me by you. Just know how much I thank Him for you...most of you I've never even met and may not this side of heaven. But, you are most precious to me blog friends! You are loved!

(P.S. This will be my last post before She Speaks. I leave Friday morning to attend this amazing weekend with 650 other women in Concord, NC. I covet your prayers as I attempt to speak Friday and Saturday evenings in an evaluation group...my first time speaking since Chris died. Thanks friends!)

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful Smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this well said. And know that while I am at my conference in PA, I will be praying for you at yours in NC. I wrote your name on the cover of my notebook. I will see it daily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to meet you sweet lady! Praying the Lord equips you with all the strength and comfort you need to speak this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such humble love right here, Leah. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. Praying for your speaking evaluation group right now. And I'm looking forward to meeting you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. And while others might have hard times (death of a spouse, a newborn that needs a heart transplant), it doesn't make what I am going through less important or difficult. It does, however, make me stop to take a moment to think about all that I do have, all those that love me, and to focus on the positive... if just for a moment.

    Have a WONDERFUL time this weekend. I know you have been waiting for this conference!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! See you tomorrow! Praying you through evals.

    ReplyDelete