Monday, June 15, 2009

Grandfather Mountain

Living in Western North Carolina affords me so many opportunities to see the beautiful handiwork of God. Admittedly, however, I take many of those opportunities for granted by simply not ever visiting those scenic places. My husband, daughter, and I recently talked about making more of a concerted effort to take in the beauty of God's creation more often. We began by taking a trip to Grandfather Mountain in the Linville/Blowing Rock area this past Saturday. I've been once before, but it's been a long time ago. Chris and Anna had never been. The drive up was beautiful - the weather was perfect - the scenery was simply...WOW (see below)!!! Take time to ask God to really show you the beauty of this world. You don't have to even live in a place like Western NC, because it's all around you. Ask Him to open your eyes to see the things of beauty that way that He sees them. "And God saw that it was good."





No comments:

Post a Comment