Monday, March 1, 2010

Scripture memory verse 5!

Can you believe it's already March? I'm still trying to get used to writing 2010, and we've already completed two months of this "new" year. Where has the time gone? It's also hard to believe that those of us that have been working on the Scripture Memory Verse Challenge for 2010 have 4 verses under our belt already! (If you joined us late...don't worry about it. We're simply so happy to have you meet us wherever you are along the journey.)

Before I get to the actual memory verse for the first part of the month, I thought I'd catch you up a little on what's been going on with me since I've been a little light on blogging as of late.

Two weeks ago, I began a fast. I completely fasted from all solid foods and only drank water and organic fruit/veggie juices. I actually did a full seven day fast! I've completed several fasts before but nothing beyond 3 days. I'm still in shock at how easy the fasting part was. It wasn't perfectly easy - there were a few (but very few) times of difficulty. However, for the most part, I felt great that entire week. Nobody (other than my family and a close friend or two that I asked to pray for me) even knew I was doing this. I was on such a spiritual "high" the entire time I was fasting. My quiet time in God's Word was deep and very profound at times, and my prayer time was out of this world. I had 7 things that I focused on during the fast, and I devoted one day to each of those focuses. I feel like I've heard clearly from God in response to a couple of items, and I'm still waiting and praying about the others.

By contrast, the week after my fast was horrendous (and, this week is unfortunately starting the same way so far). I went from such a spiritual high to such a spiritual low very quickly. I honestly feel like I'm under attack (and probably am). But, I'm not going to stop trusting God for those things that I know to be true. I'm just feeling a little down these days, but that will change soon too. I just need a little time and a lot of prayer. Regardless, I WILL make fasting a regular part of my spiritual walk from now on. It's way too important not to, and I feel so close to God during those precious times.

So, in light of the spiritual attack that I feel as if I'm under...I've chosen the following verse to memorize for the next 14 days:

Isaiah 43:2 (NKJV)
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned,
Nor shall the flame scorch you.


Let's hear it folks...verse, version, your first name, and city!

Be blessed dear friends!

1 comment:

  1. Ok...so I am a little slow...cut me some Slack...I am OLD!!!
    Bible Verse #5 is~Philippians 2:14: Do everything without complaining or arguing. 9(NIV)

    ReplyDelete