Monday, March 15, 2010

Scripture memory verse 6!

As promised (even though it's very late in the day), I've returned to "blogland" to post my next scripture memory verse. I'm so committed to this challenge, that regardless of what trials life brings my way, I will not stop memorizing God's Word. I keep looking back at 2009 and realize that often times the verses I memorized were literally what got me through the days, weeks, and months sometimes. I know that some of you who began this journey with me in January have not been around for the last few posts. I know that some of you are in a foreign country right now (on mission work). That's okay - you can catch up soon! Some of you may feel like you missed a few opportunities earlier this year so why get back on the wagon now? Don't stop! That's exactly what the enemy wants to see you do! Please don't give in to that ploy! You can start right back up where you left off. Either way - I'll be here twice a month posting my verses. We've got to keep at this friends! God's Word is powerful. Living. Active. Sharper than a double-edged sword. (see also Hebrews 4:12)

OK - that said - this will be a brief post. You can read my previous blog post to get a small understanding of why it needs to be brief right now. I'm sad to report that I continue to feel great discouragement right now over difficult life situations. I'm doing what I can to try to overcome that, but I can't do it on my own. I'm leaning on God's Word and my prayer warrior friends heavily right now. So...my memory verse for this time is something that I hope to memorize quickly and cling to deeply and constantly:

2 Corinthians 4:8-9 (NIV)
We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

I need to know and believe that today! How about you? What verse has God led you to memorize beginning today? If you're struggling with picking a verse, feel free to work on the same one that I'm doing. So, if you're used to this...go ahead and post a comment with the verse you're memorizing including translation. If you're just joining us for the first time...you can read more about it by looking at my first post for the year by clicking HERE. It's NEVER too late to start!

Have a blessed evening friends! You are special to me!

2 comments:

  1. Anna
    Asheville, NC

    Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

    ~Proverbs 31:30 (NIV)~

    ReplyDelete
  2. NIV- Matthew 19:26- Jesus looked at them and said, With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

    Standing in agreement with Christie!!!

    ReplyDelete