Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Hold Back the Rain Clouds!

The boxes are in. The beds are made. The kitchen is organized. There is a pathway to follow from room to room. But, that's about it! We just completed a short-distance move this weekend. As told to many, I feel like a move out of state would have been easier than this. All-in-all, however, it went very well and much better than anticipated. My Detail God showed up again too (see previous post). I just have to tell you about it.

I had been monitoring the weather report for about a week leading up to our move. Now, when I say monitoring, I really mean studying every snippet of weather.com - the 10-day outlook, precipitation percentages, hour-by-hour predictions, barometric pressures...OK, maybe I didn't quite look at that last one, but you get the idea. With all the studying I did, there was no doubt in my mind - it was going to rain! We had blocked off Friday noon - Saturday noon as the time we would have the U-haul. And...we had a lot of help lined up for the Friday afternoon portion of that. But, guess what? That was the exact time the weather report showed it would rain the most. Nooooooo! It just couldn't! There was no way we could move the furniture on our own, so it had to hold off - at least long enough for our able bodied helpers to assist us with the furniture. So, I started praying, and I mean PRAYING! I asked others to pray. I specifically prayed that God would hold off the rain during Friday afternoon. I didn't care if it rained any other time, but not then!

We started moving boxes Thursday night - it drizzled. We continued moving boxes and small furniture Friday morning - the rain continued. Right around lunchtime, however, the rain stopped. Then it came back - but not until around 4:00 pm AFTER all the furniture had been moved!!! Yes - you read that correctly!!!! My DETAIL God stopped the rain during the exact time that I (and others) prayed that He would! As I type these words, Mercy Me's "Bring the Rain" is playing on the radio, and the sky looks as if it's about to open up and pour down rain too! Thank you God for the rain, but thank you God for holding it back for us for just a few short hours last week! Thank you for showering us with your blessings and love, especially when we needed it most!

P.S. To all my Friday List readers: I'm so sorry that I didn't post a "list" last Friday! I'll do better this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment