Friday, September 18, 2009

List #11

Happy Friday blog friends!

Before I proceed to lay out this week's Friday List, I just need to apologize for my lack of posting lately. I am simply doing a lot of discernment these days about various things, and I can't seem to keep my creative juices in check to keep up with my blog. So...thanks for bearing with me a little longer while I flush out all of the various thoughts that continue to surface in my mind. I'll be focused again soon - I pray!

Speaking of praying, I have been very burdened lately to go before my Father's throne on my knees on behalf of many people. Some of these dear ones are complete strangers to me, but their prayer needs have become very real, and it seems the more faithful I am to pray - the more needs the Father directs me too. Many of you know that prayer is one of my passions. Now, I know a lot of people pray, but I truly have a passion and a burden to intercede on behalf of others like I've never known in my whole life. I consider it a privilege to pray, and I do so often. Sometimes, however, my sweet Father enables me to feel the heaviness of the burdens that people are experiencing a little more deeply than at other times. I find myself weeping over the trials that others are enduring, and I often ask God - how can I simply devote enough time to the needs that he places before me? I often feel that I could devote days and days to praying and do absolutely nothing else and still barely scratch the surface. Have you ever felt that way?

So, this week...I'm sharing a list of prayer needs. I welcome you joining me in lifting up these needs to the One capable of meeting each and every single one of them.

Prayer Requests:
1. Please pray for 5-year-old Kate - suffering with a brain tumor.
2. Please pray for 12-year-old Andrew - also suffering with a brain tumor.
3. Please pray for a friend in the middle of a collapsing marriage.
4. Please pray for a friend seeking God's wisdom and direction concerning His purpose for her.
5. Please pray for a woman broken over infertility issues.
6. Please pray for a friend working to overcome a food addiction.
7. Please pray for a family desperately needing their house to sell.
8. Please pray for two families in the middle of stagnant international adoptions.
9. Please pray for the family and friends of Kim, who just went home to be with Jesus a few short weeks ago - pray especially for her husband and three small children.
10. Please pray for a family needing a financial miracle.

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment