Friday, September 4, 2009

List #9

It's Friday!!! Woohoo!!! You know what that means? Time for another list! I apologize for not posting one last Friday, but if you've read my previous post, you'll have an inkling as to why I had to simply let that one go.

Anyway, for this week - I'm doing something a little different. My plan was to do a list of 10 fears. But, you know what? I couldn't think of 10 fears! Praise God! So, I went with the 6 I could think of and then listed 4 very specific things that I'm not afraid of. Obviously, there are many other things that I'm not afraid of, but these are generally things that might pop up on other's "I'm afraid of..." lists. So, I just wanted to highlight that they aren't on mine (for what it's worth). Moving right along to the list...

Things I’m afraid of…
1. Mice
2. Something happening to my husband and daughter
3. Failure
4. Never living out God’s intended purpose for me
5. Cancer (not death by cancer - just the pain of cancer)
6. Wasting my life

Specific things I’m not afraid of…
1. Death
2. Being alone - don’t like it, but I can do it, because I’m never alone with Jesus
3. Spiders
4. Public speaking - I have a healthy nervousness about it but no fear.

I wanted to point out that I'm actually trying to work on my fears, in general. I know the Bible says that there is no fear in love and knowing that God is the God of love simply shows me that I'm not fully understanding the depth of that love to allow fear into my life. But, I also know that I'm an imperfect human, dealing with very real issues and very real struggles. So, these fears are not of the gripping type - I don't dwell on them either - but, I have to at least acknowledge that they exist in my life.

Have a blessed weekend dear friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment