Saturday, February 5, 2011

Help My Unbelief!

"For the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does. The LORD loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love." Psalm 33:4-5

These were the words that greeted me this morning. I subscribe to BibleGateway.com's verse of the day, and this was the selection for today. This wasn't coincidence. This wasn't happenstance. This was God's little (actually big) promise of love for me today. Yesterday was hard (see that post for more information). Monday might be even harder. But the nuggets of truth about Jehovah in this Psalm speak loudly to those with a listening hear.

He is right.
He is true.
He is faithful.
He loves righteousness.
He loves justice.
His unfailing love fills this earth.

God never has been unjust to any of His creatures, and He never will be. Regardless of the outcome of this current trial, God is still God. He is still right, true, faithful, righteous, just, and full of love. He is still amazingly great and worthy of ALL praise! There is nothing too difficult for God. If He wants my husband to stay where He's at...He will make sure that happens. If He's calling Him somewhere else, then we'll trust Him in that too. I have no answers beyond today. I would be lying to say I'm not somewhat fearful, but I know that there is no fear in love, and God's love is complete! So - that is what I choose to cling to - His complete love!

God, I believe! Help my unbelief!

(Thank you, friends, for your precious comments, Facebook messages, and emails. They mean more to me than I can express. You are loved!)

2 comments:

  1. So are you! Keep on believing...God is in control and has your BEST interest at heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending hugs to you my friend! He is faithful, He is just and He loves you!
    "33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." Matthew 6:33-34
    I have to have reminders to 1. not dwell on things that are coming, especially not pleasant things 2. deal with one thing at a time 3. it's ok to plan or set some goals, re-visit when time gets closer but the main thing is keep focus on God. Reading His word, singing His praises. He has a plan!

    ReplyDelete