Thursday, February 3, 2011

Worry Wart

It's been another packed day and evening, hence another late night blog post. Thanks for bearing with me, as I near closer to the end of the 40 day blog writing challenge. Now - the real question...how often will I blog after this 40 days ends? Honestly, I'm not sure yet. I really think I need to have a set schedule, or else I'll end up not writing enough. So...we'll see! I just hope you stay with me. I've loved having all of you newbies (and oldbies) hanging out with me! Such sweet blog friends - I'm a blessed woman!

I just have to share that I had a bit of a breakthrough tonight. Simply put, I'm a worrier. I've worried my whole life about all kinds of things and even tons of things that don't even make sense to worry about. I'm also a "what if" person. What if this happens? What if that happens? I'm always thinking about a contingency plan in case the bottom falls out. That said, within about 10 minutes of walking in the door at home tonight, my husband shares something with me that literally caused another round of worry to start up. All of these "what if" thoughts started going through my mind. I was not only worried, but I was agitated, afraid, and simply...tired. I had a class at church tonight and only had about 30 minutes at home before I had to head on out. So, I left the house - in a bit of a huff, not really in a frame of mind for my class.

Now...friends...let me just tell you, I only live about a mile and a half from our church. But in that short little jaunt, the Holy Spirit did an amazing about-face work in me. I was praying aloud in the car, and I actually heard myself say..."Leah, stop it. Don't you know...as it is written, 'Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life?' (Luke 12:25). Don't you remember what you blogged about last night. God loves the ravens and the grass, and how much more does He love you? Now, get a grip. What's the worse thing that could happen? Even if it does, you still have your life, your health, your family, and of course Sweet Jesus! That's enough." Whew! The worry simply fleed. Gone. Over. Done. It has no place in my life.

So, I came home and told my husband about my breakthrough. I think he was a bit surprised and relieved at the same time. I'm sure I'll fall in this area again, but I'm going to continue renewing my mind with the truths of God's Word. Just think...it was with the Word that Jesus rebuked Satan, as he was being tempted. The same power that raised Christ from the dead lives in me, and I will continue to tap into that power as I wield my sword of the Sprit - God's Word. I literally feel free!

2 comments:

  1. It is a lifelong process, Leah. Happy for your breakthrough and I pray for more victory in this area. I've been a natural worry wart too, but God has done some stripping and teaching in my life, so it doesn't happen as easily now.
    Keep believing and saying the truth. Most of the battle is in our minds!

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete