Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Who Determines Your Worth?

Happy Wednesday blog friends!

I'm sorry I'm so late getting my post up today. I've been struggling a bit with what to write. It's not that I don't have words. I always seem to have words of some sort. But, often they are simply jumbled up in my limited mind. It often happens when God is trying to get my attention about something. So, I've been a bit scattered in trying to hear more clearly from Him. As a result, my blog thoughts are also scattered.

When was the last time someone said something to you that hurt your feelings or maybe made you question something about yourself? How about the last time someone said something about your physical appearance in a derogatory manner or questioned your gifts and abilities? Did it cause you to shrink back? Was it honest...true...reasonable? Was there something to be learned in it or were you allowing someone else to determine your worth?

It dawned on me today that I've been going through a LOT of this type of thing lately. I honestly feel that it's a direct result of a fast that I did not too long ago. Without fail, during and following an extended time of fasting, I'm always tested. (But, I'll take the testing anyday for the extreme blessings that come from the fasting.) Anyway, as I've also been going through this Made to Crave journey successfully (praise God!), I've found that heat has been turned up in the testing. I've encountered some interesting comments lately from friends, strangers, and everybody in between. Some have challenged me, but some have just been downright ungodly.

Now, don't get me wrong. Sometimes God does everything He can to get your attention, and He'll use other people to do it - if needed. If that happens - you best be listening sweet friends. However, the other times seem to be from the enemy - often speaking through well-intentioned people. And...it's just the little words that rattle you, get you of course, cause you to question who you are in Christ.

Tonight, I realized part of what was going on, and I let my perpetrator know where he needed to go...

"Get behind me Satan. You DO NOT determine my worth! As it is written, the same God that provides food for the ravens and clothes for the grass of the field is the same God that created me and loves me even more."

God determines my worth! God determines your worth sweet friends. If He's speaking to you about a change that needs to take place, then listen and then be obedient to what He's asking. But, if you allow others to dictate who you are...determine who/what you need to be or need to be doing...then, ultimately you've let the enemy win as well.

There is a war going on. But, just know this...

"...our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." Ephesians 6:12 NIV

And...we know Who wins!

1 comment:

  1. That's right girlfriend...you go get em!
    Praying for you. The battle is first won in your mind and believing the TRUTH! Seems you are already doing that.

    BTW--because of all this bad weather we had to cancel our weekend away, so we probably won't be fasting this weekend.

    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete