Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Blessing of the Calla Lilies

A couple of weeks ago in my Kissed By Heaven post, I noted how God had directed someone to bring cut flowers from her garden to me at work. I won't repeat the entire store here (if you haven't read it...just click on the link above to do so), but I can't stress enough how SIGNIFICANT those flowers were to receive on that day - June 9th! Each month on the 9th, Chris would bring me flowers to celebrate our wedding anniversary (August 9). We weren't once a year celebraters, we celebrated constantly. But, we always made a point to remember our wedding on the 9th of each month.

Well, I'm here to say...those flowers are STILL alive and well.

This pic was taken by my phone, so it's not the best. However, these are my beautiful calla lilies.

Just within the last week...I've done a little further study on them.

1. I've learned that they are a native flower to the southern parts of Africa (most of you know that a piece of my heart lives in Africa).

2. They are a very popular wedding flower! That really made me smile.

When a friend and I were talking about them at work the other day, we noticed a couple of things...

1. There are 3 stems. I see them as representing Chris, Anna (the shorter one - ha!), and me. The lady that brought them never even thought about that. (Oh...but God did.)

2. Interestingly, we were married two full years and almost another full year. Hmmm...again 2 full stems and a shorter 3rd stem.

I know these are trivial, but right now...I'm looking for significance and "God winks" any place I can find them. These flowers amaze me! And, I honestly believe this sweet lady, who I met for the first time on June 9, has no idea how greatly God used her on that day! Praising Him for blessing us both...through calla lilies!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers Leah! Callas are my favorite flower. Thank you for your thoughts. Sending big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "God winks" I like that! Beautiful flowers :)

    ReplyDelete