Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Look Back at August 9, 2008

My heart hurts today. I don't have much to write. So, this post is mostly one of pictures. On this day, 3 years ago, I became Mrs. Christopher Gillen. Our marriage ended much too soon when he went to live with Jesus on May 4, 2011. I ache today. We should be celebrating the absolutely beautiful marriage that God gave us. It was amazing! I never felt loved by a human being more on this earth than by my sweet Chris. Oh...how I ache today...missing him so much. The "what ifs" plague me. And yet...I rejoice in the God that has me in the palm of His hand right now. Sweet Jesus, let me feel your nearness today!



















10 comments:

  1. Not many words here either. Hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful memories...and He gives beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning. Praying for you to feel Him close, to know He is the lifter of your head and for you to feel comforted in the way only Jesus can provide comfort for this day. Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss him too Leah! My thoughts and prayers have been with you and Anna all day. Thank you for sharing this special day with us again. It is a great memory! I love and admire you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No words...just love....my heart is heavy!!

    Love you Girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm widowed also. Saying a prayer for you right now. Blessings ... and remember, beauty for ashes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leah you are beautiful inside and out. Many prayers for you and Anna each day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love you sis!! Lord, only you can comfort at a time like this. Hold Leah close, close, close to your sweet heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for you sweet friend! I so understand your aching heart! Praying that God will hold you close and cradle your heart in His hands.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing such beautiful memories in spite of the pain involved in reliving them. The fact that you were able to share on this particular day displays so clearly the supernatural strength of God in you during this time of mourning. Truly He is close to the brokenhearted and you are beautiful evidence of that. Bless you sweet sister.

    ReplyDelete