Monday, August 29, 2011

Still Celebrating His Birthday...

Without it...his parents would have never had their little boy.

Without it...his sisters would have never had a brother.

Without it...the Glade Spring Fire Department would have been void of their chief & fish fry master.

Without it...hundreds (if not thousands) of onlookers would have missed seeing all the funny hats that he wore.

Without it...many lives would have existed with a huge unexplainable void.

Without it...my daughter would have never had a step-father that adored her and would be content to play game after game of cards with her.

Without it...I would have never met my soulmate, my best friend, the love of my earthly life, my beloved husband.

So today...even though he's been in the arms of Jesus for nearly 17 weeks...without my husband's birth 46 years ago...many people (especially me) would have missed out on one of life's greatest blessings!

So for that reason, I'm still celebrating his birthday...

(These are just a few pics of us celebrating Chris' birthday last year at Hungry Mother State Park in Marion, VA. What wonderful memories we have from that weekend!)




8 comments:

  1. Ii know t's a hard thing to do. If it feels right do it... Even 4 years later we will still celebrate Rachel's birthday. I'll fix her favorite meal, remember sweet smile and put a homecoming mum on her tree at the high school... It's a bittersweet day! I'll be praying for you today... Imagine the party he is having with Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heart hurting for your loss, but rejoicing too that you can take joy in a life well lived and have a peace at where his party is this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And just imagine the beautiful celebration he is having today! Happy Birthday Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leah - you do what you want. My Dad died in 1994, but every year on January 7th we ALWAYS have without fail, his favorite meal I made for him: Spaghetti, Meatballs and Pineapple Upside Down Cake. For my Grandma who passed last year 46 days from her 100th birthday - this year the same for her birthday on May 16th, her favorite meal: swiss steak, from scratch "mashed taters", home canned half runner beans of course with bacon grease, and lemon meringue pie. On both their birthdays, my hubby, daughter and I recall as many favorite memories as we can on that special person's birthday. I applaud you for keeping Chris alive in your hearts. May you ALWAYS celebrate Chris on August 29th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Continuing to pray for you friend as you journey to and through each and every milestone.

    ReplyDelete