Thursday, July 23, 2009

Not now...

Recently, I went on an overnight trip with a group of ladies from church for the sheer purpose of getting to know each other better. We succeeded with that! We laughed, we talked, we shopped, we ate, we prayed, and we simply enjoyed each other’s company. We even played intervention a little. Now, let me explain that one a bit. One of the sweet young ladies in our group has been thinking of buying a new car. Knowing full well that she really can’t afford one right now and the purpose of buying it would only be for fun and would cause her debt to linger, we talked her out of it! She knew it wasn’t the best thing for her, but she wanted it so badly. It’s not that God is saying “no” forever to a newer vehicle, He’s just saying “not now” and used us to vocalize that to her. So proud of myself for being in the group that intervened in keeping her from making a terrible decision, I got knocked off my own little “high horse” just days after returning from that trip.

I’ve been praying and praying over a couple of things that just don’t seem to be manifesting themselves in my life. I feel like God has already told me “yes” on both issues, but I haven’t seen the fruit of that just yet leaving me to question whether I misunderstood God. While that’s still to remain, I feel urged to press on with my prayers…I know my petitions are not something that goes against God’s commands, they are nothing that would harm me or anyone else, they are not in direct contrast to His will spelled out through His word. Therefore, until I’m told differently, I must go on believing that He’s simply saying “not now” to me as well. Oh – how I hate to hear that just as my friend did as well with the car decision. As written in His Word…“This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.” (1 John 5:14-15 NIV) So – I choose to stand on His promises and keep moving in the direction He’s sending me. Each step of the journey only brings me closer to Him causing me to know Him better and love Him more! Be blessed dear friends…in your own individual journeys! Allow the “not nows” to strengthen you rather than cause you to stumble. Be thankful for each step of growth along the way and for the friends that help you see clearly along the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment