Thursday, July 16, 2009

Precious Prayers...

Since the day she was born, I've prayed with my daughter before she goes to sleep at night. In the early years, I did most of the praying, but as she aged a little, she began making more of the prayers her very own. Now, at the age of twelve, she prays almost exclusively during these bedtime prayer moments. I'm so proud of the young lady she's becoming, but I don't think I've had a prouder moment than I did last night. As she climbed into bed and prepared to pray, she informed me that I might want to sit down, because "it was going to be a long one". She then proceeded to pray a list of requests that God would bless, protect, and comfort OTHERS in their struggles. It's not the first time that she's prayed for others, but it was very obvious this time that the needs of these other people were so important to her that she made a point to spend more time lifting them up individually in prayer.

I love to pray, especially for and on behalf of others! I take it very seriously when someone asks me to pray, because I know the power of prayer! So, how can I pray for you today? I consider it an honor to lift up your needs before the throne of God. Feel free to post a comment, or if you're not comfortable with that...you may email me at leahgillen89@yahoo.com. Together, let's watch God work when His people pray. Be blessed my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment