Tuesday, November 8, 2011

11 More Days


It’s only 11 more days until my Chris Tree arrives. In one of our favorite holiday traditions, we’ll be traveling about an hour further up into the mountains to a beloved tree farm that we go to each year to cut our own tree. My husband was passionate about having a LIVE tree, so I’ll actually be getting two this year – our “normal” family tree and now the Chris Tree. We usually go the weekend after Thanksgiving to procure the trees, but I’m actually going with some dear friends that will help me bring them back home, and the weekend before just works better. I’ll be watering those babies well to keep them nice and fresh through Christmas!

Thank you to so many of you that have generously participated in this project with me by donating ornaments for the tree. You have no idea how much that has blessed my heart! Chris would have been blown away by this kind of Christmas love, and I pray that God allows him a glimpse of it from heaven. If you are still planning to participate, feel free to email me for the address to mail your ornament to (leahgillen89@yahoo.com). I’ll still be placing ornaments on the tree long after it’s decorated, so it doesn’t have to arrive by the 19th.

Lastly, I’m still collecting addresses for my Christmas card list this year! I would love to send you a card from our family (my girl and me)! It’s something that brings me a lot of joy during the Christmas season. If I don’t already have your mailing address, and you would like to receive a card from us, then please email me your address, and I’ll make sure to add you to our list!

Please pray for us as we enter this first holiday season without Chris. Please pray that Thanksgiving is FULL of us GIVING GOD THANKS for the multiple blessings He’s given us. Please pray that I don’t dwell on what I don’t have (my husband) but give thanks that due to the security I have in my eternity – I’ll be reunited with him again someday soon.

Please pray that I won’t feel loneliness – especially the closer we get to Christmas. This holiday was a BIG deal with Chris…a VERY BIG deal! From decorations, to baking, to watching Christmas movies, to traditions – we celebrated Jesus’ birthday BIG! Please pray that I can still celebrate BIG!

Tomorrow will be Day 40 of this consecutive blog-writing journey. I can’t believe it’s already here! I began this journey with a giveaway, and I plan to end it with a giveaway as well! So be sure to come back and see what I’ll be giving away!

I treasure you, my blog friends! You bring light into my dark days!

No comments:

Post a Comment