Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Another Christmas Idea...

OK...you already know about the Chris Tree project I'm undertaking this year. If you don't...please, read about it HERE. Now, I have another idea. I know...I know...you're probably thinking, "What now?" Bear with me just for a moment...

As I noted when I announced my Chris Tree project, the Christmas season was always Chris' favorite of the year. This is no understatement, friends. He loved celebrating Christ's birth and would search for ways throughout the year to bring more and more emphasis to the season in our home. It's a good thing God put the two of us together to begin with, because I'm a bit of a Christmas nut myself. However, one of my favorite things to do at Christmas is to send out Christmas cards (and, if I'm totally being honest...I love finding my mailbox full of them too!). I spend a lot of time preparing my Christmas cards each year, and I want to always include as many people as I can. I know that postage isn't cheap anymore, but it's still one thing I love to do non-electronically. There's just something to be said about getting an old-fashioned card in the mail (anytime of the year, for that matter).

So, what does this have to do with you? I would love to be able to include as many of you on my Christmas card list as possible this year. Would you let me send you a card? It would bless my socks off! If so, please just email me your mailing address: leahgillen89@yahoo.com, or if we're Facebook or Twitter buddies, you can send it to me via Direct Message in either of those two places.

I know this might be a strange request, but I'm just doing anything and everything I can to be excited about this first Christmas without my sweet love by my side. Having little things like this to work on and be excited about really helps! Be blessed bloggy friends! You bring me joy!

UPDATE: I wanted to let you know that I think my next VLOG will be posted again on Sunday, and it will have the answers to the questions I received in my giveaway post from last Saturday. So stay tuned...I can't wait to answer your VERY GOOD and thought-provoking questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment