Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas Recipes

Good evening friends! I'm sure some of you were starting to wonder if I was actually going to mess up my 40-Day blog writing challenge by skipping a day, and I actually began to wonder that myself. But, I still have almost a full hour, and here I am. While this may not be the most creative of blog posts - it's still a post, and it's one that I hope some of you might even find useful during this time of Christmas prep!

One of my favorite things to do during the Christmas season is bake. It's actually about the only time of you year I enjoy it. My husband is our resident baker the rest of the year. Anyway...we usually bake lots of goodies and share with co-workers, neighbors, friends, etc. We make cookies, cakes, dipped pretzels, dipped peanut butter balls, mints, etc. I thought it might be fun to actually share a few recipes with you. I just picked out 3 of my favorites. They're not hard, but they are delish!!!! I didn't create any of the recipes, but I've been using them for years! I'd love to get some wonderful sweet treat recipes from you also. What are your favorites? If you'd rather not post them in the blog comment field - feel free to email them to me (see my Profile page) or send me a Facebook message. I'm always looking for new, yummy ideas. So...here we go...

White Trash Candy Snack (I didn't name this one...)
2 cups Chex cereal
2 cups Cherrios toasted oat cereal
2 cups peanuts or salted pretzel sticks
2 cups M&Ms
3 (16 oz) bags white chocolate chips

1. Mix all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave and then pour into the bowl with the dry ingredients.
3. Lay the mixture flat on cookie sheets and refrigerate until hardened.
4. Remove from refrigerator and break the mixture apart.

Butterscotch Christmas Haystacks
12 oz chocolate chips
11 oz butterscotch chips
approx 2 cups cashews, chopped
approx 2 cups Chinese noodles (chow mein noodles)

1. Melt chips until smooth.
2. Mix in dry ingredients until coated.
3. Spoon onto waxed paper or into muffin cups and cool.

Creamy Chocolate Fudge
1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow creme
1 1/2 c. sugar
2/3 c. undiluted evaporated milk
1/4 c. (1/2 stick) butter
1/4 tsp. salt
1 pkg (11 1/2 oz.) milk chcolate chips (2 c.)
1 pkg (6 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips (1 c.)
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1 tsp. vanilla extract

In large saucepan over medium heat, combine marshmallow creme, sugar, evaporated milk, butter, & salt; bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in milk chocolate & semisweet chocolate chips until chips melt & mixture is well blended. Stir in walnuts & vanilla. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Cool about 2 hrs. or until firm. To serve, cut into 1-inch squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment