Friday, December 11, 2009

List #17

I was reminiscing today over some memorable Christmas gifts I received as a child or teenager. Some presents I was given really stand out for some reason or another, and I remember them vividly. How about you? What gifts did you receive as a child that you still remember with fondness today? Here are 10 of mine:

1. An "adoptable doll" - precursor to the Cabbage Patch dolls - that my aunt made for me! It looked just like me!

2. A box of cheese. I was a big time cheese lover, and one year I asked for cheese for Christmas. I think I was around 12 years old. There was a wrapped gift waiting for me in the refrigerator. Lots and lots of cheese. I ate so much that I didn't crave cheese for quite awhile after that.

3. A burgundy outfit. I had a dream in which I was a wearing the cutest burgundy outfit, so I tried to describe it to my parents when asking for it for Christmas. I got a burgundy outfit, but it didn't look as pretty on me in real life as it did in my dream.

4. My first 10-speed bike.

5. My first pair of real Nike tennis shoes. We weren't the wealthiest family on the block growing up, so having Nike tennis shoes was a big deal! Funny thing now - I don't like Nike shoes at all. They don't fit my feet properly anymore.

6. A crocheted "Miss Piggy" that my aunt made for me (the same one that made the adoptable doll).

7. A wooden Georgia Bulldogs plaque that my brother made for me in his shop class in school. For some reason, I was a Bulldogs fan back then - have no clue why. I am a Tarheel through and through now.

8. My first "boombox".

9. A set of Nancy Drew books. I loved reading then and still do now!

10. A Madame Alexander doll of "Jo" from Little Women.

No comments:

Post a Comment