Monday, December 14, 2009

Time to Pause

It's been a very disappointing day. The disappointment is directed mostly at myself. It's really nothing to share and certainly wouldn't be very edifying to anyone else, but it is what it is - just a disappointing day. As I sat beating myself up, figuratively speaking, my pity party grew larger and larger. Then, the disappointment increased, because now I'm disappointed in being disappointed.

OK. Time for me to get a grip. Time to pause. What season is this we're celebrating? It certainly doesn't feel like Christmas is near, but whose fault is that?

I take the blame. I know the mistakes I've made. Time to move on. But, I don't feel like it. So, what do I do when I need a quick pick me up? I go to YouTube and find a feel good song or video. Music always calms me in ways nothing or nobody else can. And...in the case of today...it brought me back to remembering what season we're celebrating and the reason for the celebration. I thought maybe you'd appreciate it too, so I've included it at the bottom of the post.

If you're having a day like mine...or a week or a month like mine...take a few moments to pause. Do something that will make you feel better. Stop and pause to give praise for all that we have because of THE gift that was given over 2000 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment