Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Introducing a very special guest blogger...

It is with great pleasure that I'd like to introduce you to a very special young lady. I invited her to be a guest blogger today and asked that she write something related to Christmas. She is one of my most faithful blog readers. She is the reason that I continue to do the Friday Lists, because she says they her favorite posts, as she learns so much more about me. Why would that be important to her? The guest blogger today is my 12-year-old daughter! Now...please welcome...Anna!

Hi! My name is Anna and my mom said I could be a guest blogger on her blog.

To me the point of Christmas is Christ. The word Christ is in Christmas. The time when Jesus was born to Mary and Joseph. Christmas is not just about presents and getting new things. Most people including me like getting presents, but that is not the point of Christmas. I think that the reason we are able to get presents and enjoy our Christmas is because of Jesus. He is the one that provides money for gifts. I am very thankful for how Jesus was born and how he would die on the cross for you and me. This Christmas when you enjoy getting presents and the holiday festivities, do not forget that this holiday was made possible by Jesus Christ!

Luke 2:11 (King James Version):
“For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord.”

1 comment:

  1. Oh Anna. Wonderful post! As you open your gifts next week, keep in mind the greatest gift we were given! Simply because God loves us!

    ReplyDelete