Wednesday, October 12, 2011

23 Weeks

I only wish the title of this post reflected a certain point of pregnancy for me, but sadly that's not the case. Rather, it's been 23 weeks since my husband went home to be with the Lord. In difficult reflection...

I've lived 23 weeks without...

-My good morning wake-up kisses
-Evening snuggles on the sofa
-My husband's delicious home-cooked meals
-Daily love notes by email
-Daily lunchtime phone calls
-My worship partner by my side on Sunday mornings
-My personal comedian
-The home "garbage-gatherer" and "taker-outer"
-Deep tissue massages in my tense shoulders
-Our prayer time together
-Family games of Apples to Apples (Chris almost always won)
-Surprise sweet treats from "Baker" Chris
-My man's large hands enclosing mine
-Chris' crystal blue eyes melting me
-The warmth of my husband's large arms
-My best friend
-Celebrating our anniversary each 9th
-Fishing side-by-side
-Hearing him tell me, "I love you."

I've lived 23 weeks with...

-A broken and aching heart
-Lots of unfinished tasks
-Additional chores
-Questions and more questions
-Emptiness
-Loneliness
-Feelings of inadequacy of being a good wife and mother
-Pain - lots of pain

But, I've also lived 23 weeks with...

-A daughter that loves me
-Family and friends that love me
-A Heavenly Father that loves and will never leave me or forsake me!

3 comments:

  1. Love you, Leah. You have been on my heart SO MUCH lately. I have gone out on multiple occasions and looked for a Christmas tree ornament for your tree. My rinky dink town has hardly anything to choose from (this early in the season) and I'm being very particular. I am determined to find the "perfect" one. ;)

    Hugging you through this computer screen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your sweet comment Eileen! And...I can feel the HUG! :-)

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. The balance will 'right' itself one day. :~)

    ReplyDelete