Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Continued Victory

Good evening blog friends!

I hate to be posting so late tonight, but it's just been one of those days...

As I type this, I'm sitting in front of the TV watching the Biggest Loser. That is honestly the only show I'm committed to watching on TV each week. I watch very little TV, in general, but I can't stand it when I have to miss the Biggest Loser. I love to watch these people go from defeat to victory - all within a matter of months. Often, their story could easily be my story. And...I've been experiencing a few of my own weight loss victories lately.

I've already shared about my 20 pound weight loss. I'm still riding that victory wagon these days. I'll weigh again "officially" on Saturday - maybe Friday - but, I've taken a few peaks already, and I like what I see. :-) But, you know what? The numbers don't rule me. Don't get me wrong...I like seeing the numbers drop, but I can't live by those numbers. As I've been going through Made to Crave with a great group of women, I've learned soooo much about the victories God gives me aside from the numbers.

1) Last week, I was sick...yucky sick. I ended up so run down towards the end of the week that I actually started running a fever. I really had no energy at night to do anything other than go to bed. In the past, feeling sick would cause me to abandon all good eating habits and only eat the foods that made me feel good. Not this time. I remained steady with my no sugar, low carb, no soft drinks, etc. new way of eating. God gave me victory.

2) By Saturday, my antibiotic had totally kicked in, my cough was gone, and I was feeling as good as new. We also had some dear friends come visit, and we had the best time together. Gatherings of this sort generally allow for overeating - heavy snacking - all in the name of fellowship. Not this time. I stayed with my eating plan. God gave me victory.

3) The past couple of days have been some of the worst I've had in awhile. Very difficult. Very stressful. All excellent reasons to "drown my sorrows" with a piece of cake or several cookies or even a banana split (bananas are fruit...right?!). While that may have been my course of action in the past...not this time. God gave me victory.

Friends...I'm learning that regardless of my emotional state - whether I'm extremely happy, extremely sad, angry, full of joy, sick, disappointed - my emotions don't control me. God is in complete control. As I learn to crave Him more each day, He gives me continued victory in this battle.

Remember the word that I shared in my January 1 post that I felt God revealed would be my theme, of sorts, for 2011? DELIVERANCE. I'm seeing evidence of that taking place in my life already. I can't wait to see what lies ahead in the days and weeks to come.

Oh one other fun thing to share...click on this link and take a look at who made the Success Stories page on the Made to Crave website? You just might recognize the girl in pink at the bottom of the page. Continued victory. All Glory belongs to Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment