Saturday, January 1, 2011

Scripture Memory Verse 1

Happy New Year bloggy friends!

WOW! 2011 is here! Can you believe it? On top of that, my 40-day blogging journey begins today. As I wrote about previously, I'll be blogging for 40 consecutive days and would LOVE to have you following along on this journey with me. I make no promises about writing inspirational, thought-provoking blogs that keep you panting with excitement until you can read the next one (oh...that would be a dream!). However, I do promise to be consistently on here for 40 days and to honestly share whatever God puts on my heart to share. And...I pray that at the end of the 40 days, you will have been challenged, inspired, and find yourself walking closer with Christ! I typically try to have my posts ready for early morning, but I can't promise that will be the case everyday (hence - yesterday's post at 11:45 pm).

Additionally, I mentioned in my Getting Ready post that I'd be participating with Beth Moore's Siesta Scripture Memory Verse Team again this year. For more information, read that post by clicking HERE first. Friends, this is what it's all about for me...hiding God's Word in our hearts. To know Him more, we must Know his Word better. What better way to know His Word than to memorize it!

I'm copying Beth Moore's format here, but for those of you that desire to participate along with me in this scripture memory verse challenge...here are the "rules".

1. On the 1st and 15th of each month, we will choose (or be led to) a new verse to memorize. Please use a verse that you don't already know by heart - that's not much of a challenge is it?
2. Write it on an index card, or better yet - pick up one of those spiral bound index card packs. Then, all of your verses will be self-contained and easy for you to keep together and continue to recite as the year goes along.
3. Come here on the 1st and 15th of each month and leave a comment stating the following things: your first name, the city & state you're from, type out your verse, the scripture reference, and the version you've chosen for this verse. This is an accountability measure - we all need to be held accountable or we tend to "quit" things a little easier - right? Just think - at the end of 2011, you'll have 24 verses memorized.
4. You are always welcome to use my verse if you're having trouble coming up with one for the month, but ask God to help you find THE verse He wants you to memorize.

So...here we go...

I believe the WORD that God has given me for 2011 is deliverance! I believe it will be a year full of deliverance. I'll blog about the details of that more as it unfolds, but I'm so stinkin' excited about what this year holds that I can hardly contain my excitement! So, I asked God to lead me to a verse that reflects this deliverance "theme", and He did indeed! Being the first to "report in",

Leah
Asheville, NC

You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.

Psalm 32:7 NIV

OK - from those of you that choose to participate (I hope that's lots of you), let's hear your verses! I'm so excited to start this journey with you!

4 comments:

  1. Anna
    Asheville, NC

    For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it.

    ~Matthew 16:25

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey friend, I am doing the LPM Verse also on her blog. Hope to see you over there. Came by to say Happy New Year...I'll pop back in soon.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isaiah 26:8 (NIV)
    “Yes, LORD, walking in the way of your laws, we wait for you; Your name and renown are the desire of our hearts”

    Hope you are feeling well...prayers for quick and complete recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kandi
    Hillsborough, NC

    (NIV) Psalm 93:1- O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.

    ReplyDelete