Thursday, January 6, 2011

I Tried Not to Write This...

I really did. I really tried not to write this post. Every single year...I talk about this, write about this, agonize over this. I've been doing everything I can to avoid talking about it again at the beginning of this year. I feel like if I mention it - it sounds sort of resolution-like (and...I'm not a fan of those things). But, I've been praying for God to lead to me to those posts that I'm supposed to write during this 40 day blog writing journey, and 6 days into this, I realized I can't escape it any longer. The writing is on the wall. So, here we go...

I'm working on weight loss...STILL!

Ugh! Why do I constantly have to work on this? Why can't I just be done with it and be at my goal weight? Why do I have to start out each New Year exasperated over the fact that I'm still within 10-15 pounds of where I was last year. And, for me, 10-15 pounds is a drop in the bucket for what I want to lose.

Blog friends...I'm not writing to say that I'll achieve my goal weight in 2011. I'm not even writing to say I'm going to increase my level of exercise or run a 5K or drink 64 ounces of water a day. I'm certainly not writing to say this is my New Year's resolution. So, what am I writing to say?

I am more confident than I've ever been in my life that success at defeating this GIANT in my life will happen in 2011!

There, I said it. It's not that I've got some grandiose Biggest Loser style plan to drop the pounds and get fit. So, what's the difference? I honestly feel that I'm so committed to following after Jesus with all my heart, that I know it will please Him for me to succeed at this. But, He'll get all the glory, because I can do none of it without Him. I'm choosing to put Him first...to let Him lead...to seek His face...to be obedient with His help. I'll maybe share more about this - maybe towards the end of the month. But, for now, this is where I'm at, and I CRAVE your prayers more than I crave food! That is truth sweet friends!

I tried not write this post, because I didn't want to feel accountable to something in which I felt I had no control over the outcome. And...putting something in writing on the world wide web for who knows how many people to read...well, that's just a bit daunting. But, you know what? That's not evidence of my faith. My faith knows differently, believes differently, and therefore had to respond differently.

1 comment:

  1. Leah, THIS is exactly the attitude you need to have. Faith can overcome the weight. I know it. I've seen it. And I've done it. (kinda, but that's not Jesus's fault. I'm a slacker sometimes.) But if you commit this to prayer, and remember that every bite of food you eat is an act of worship (cause it is) then GOD WILL MOVE IN YOU. And on your scale. ;)

    ReplyDelete